Monday, July 10, 2006

Morning Mountain Mist





I don't usually get up and out at the crack-o-dawn unless I'm heading out to a job. In that case, I don't really have time to stop and take pictures, even though it's just the absolute best time to shoot. The light is usually great just after sunrise. I'm always telling myself I should get up earlier and just go looking for photos but I'm more of a night-person. This morning I just couldn't pass this scene on I-68, even though I was on my way to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland.

13 comments:

Toby said...

Amazing.

Karen of Scottsdale said...

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your camera lens!

kenju said...

IDYLLIC!

Sandra said...

Oh my God! Absolutely gorgeous!

Grumpy Old Man said...

Rise early more often.

SippicanCottage said...

This is going to sound stupid, but here goes:

I enjoy looking at your pictures.

Flood said...

This last one looks like an oil painting. Beautiful.

P_J said...

Beautiful.

I went to school in Virginia. These photos have reminded me of the beautiful hills and mountains which I miss here in the Midwest.

Did you stand in the highway to get the first one?

Rachel said...

They all look like paintings, especially the 3rd one down. Brilliantly done. And bravo for getting up that early.

Rick Lee said...

Wow, thanks everybody for the feedback. I knew when I was shooting that I had something kinda special. The scene is just east of Morgantown, WV on I-68, right after Exit 1 in case anybody is interested.

Jeff, yes I was standing in the road. I pulled the car over and walked down away from the car about 50 yards shooting various angles. There wasn't much traffic so I walked out into the road to get that one particular shot.

Super Babe said...

Those pictures are truly amazing! When I go running in the mornings, there is usually some guy walking there, camera in hand... Imagine if you got up early more often!

Sharon said...

I love the first picture the best.

Susan Lucente said...

Breathtaking.