Saturday, June 23, 2007

Charleston's FestivALL

I hung around downtown today for a bit shooting street activities of our FestivALL arts festival. The festival is a lot more than this, with great concerts and all sorts of exhibits, but this is about all I have time for this year, in addition to the Julian Beever drawing.






Oh man, the kids love Drew the Dramatic Fool. I have to admit the guy is funny. He has taken a very small amount of talent and whipped it into an actual act.






Above is Bob Coffield, and below is Rebecca Burch... both notable Charleston area bloggers.



9 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna sent me over to see the Beever drawings .. so nice. And now these great photos! What a bonus.
Jo

Rick Lee said...

Thanks for dropping by Jo!

kenju said...

Now why didn't they ever have anything like that when I lived there??!! (1940 to 1963)

Bob Coffield said...

Kenju, come home and enjoy the fun. Thanks for the photo Rick. You did a great job of capturing some of the essence of FestiVALL on Capitol Street.

I saw you snapping all around the stage and hoped that you would get a good shot of my me and my daughter. You also got my son in the background of the shot of Angie and family.

Desert Dust said...

What fun! The little tyke with the chocolate-smeared face is my favorite.

Rick Lee said...

"...chocolate-smeared face..." Yeah, Ellen's Homemade Ice Cream, located right behind the stage, was doing big business that day!

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

I thought that was you!!!

Dale said...

Great shots, Rick! I've posted a bunch of pics of the new catfish models on my blog, btw. http://dalemortonstudio.blogspot.com

Barry Pike said...

I like the shots of the children especially. The wonder in their faces is so refreshing.