Sunday, October 09, 2005

Coaster riding in the rain

Sorry for being absent this weekend. We ran up to Sandusky, OH to do some last-chance coaster riding for the year at Cedar Point (see photos here). They are having "Halloweekends" this month, with scary fun-house things along with the usual thrill-rides. I thought I'd be posting some photos but two problems occurred. First, it drizzled rain all weekend... and second, the cheap-skate Breakers Express hotel has NO Internet access. Not even for pay. The rain made me hesitant to get the camera out much, but it does have a nice effect on the coasters. Roller coasters run considerably faster on wet track. Woohoo!

5 comments:

stacey abshire said...

What an interesting coincidence... I posted a photo rom Cedar point that I took while were there last fall. Check it out.

http://4haks.blogspot.com/2005/10/photo-of-day_08.html

Rick Lee said...

The Raptor is a great ride. Not the biggest by a mile these day, but it holds up real well. Still on my list of must-do.

stacey abshire said...

Yeah, its a good one. The Top Thrill dragster is just plain incredible, though it is a little bit short. I'd love to be able to hold a camera on the ride and get a shot from the peak on it. That is quite a view, especially in the evening when the colors in the sky are all ablaze.

The dueling dragons in Univeral Islands of Adventure are great, and I also recommend the Kracken at Sea World, Orlando, FL. And at Kings Island in Cincy, OH, I love the beast, and Son of Beast. FaceOff is cool too.

Heck, there aren't any coasters that I have ridden that I don't like.

DaveG said...

I've ridden one that I will never ride again: Flight of Fear at Cincy's PKI. Fast, rough, and inside a completely dark building. I was sore for days after riding it. Ugh.

Rick Lee said...

I haven't been to PKI in years (Cedar Point is just so far ahead in the thrill ride department) but after you mentioned that I went online to read some reviews of Flight of Fear. Somebody said that they have redesigned the headrests to make them less "concussion-inducing"... so perhaps it would be a little better now.