Thursday, October 06, 2005

Barber Shop or Museum? Part 6




The Shear Cut on Fife Street. I got called out for saying "useless collectibles" last time. It's a matter of opinion. For more of this, see here, here, here, here and here. Would you drink something from Dr.Swett? You probably can't read it, but the Dr.Swett's Root Beer is bragging that it's "Rich in Dextrose". Gotta love that. I suppose if most people don't know that dextrose is just sugar, then that's going to sound cool. It reminds me of a lot of OTC medicine ads these days. I like the "billion bubble beverage" bit.

5 comments:

Raymond said...

Hehehe... makes you wonder what sorts of things are being passed off on us that are just as gimmicky? Sucralose? Xylitol? Antioxidants? Organic? Flax? Teatree Oil? Echinacea? Zinc? Selenium? Asparagus? ;)

--Ray

kenju said...

You already know that I love stuff like this. The next time I come to Chas., this place is on my list of must sees!

Rick Lee said...

Just don't look at the girlie magazines Judy... this is a real Barber Shop we're talking about.

kenju said...

I have seen my share of those! It all started with the Vargas girls in the old Esquire mags in the 50's.

Unknown said...

This photo is like a treasure trove to someone like me who does props (for community theater)!