Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Van Gogh drawings





I went to the Met today (Metropolitan Museum of Art). The Van Gogh exhibit of drawings was stunning. They had a much larger number of pieces than I was expecting. It's a big exhibit. Of course you're not supposed to take pictures but I couldn't help myself grabbing a few surreptitious shots. I also viewed the Photography and the Occult exhibit. Some of it was pretty interesting but the photography as a whole was not particularly artful and I also thought there was a really, really strange lack of skepticism in the explanatory notes.

5 comments:

stacey abshire said...

Naughty rick... :) I've done the same thing myself. Though when I went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, they took your camera. That stunk.

Raymond said...

Hopefully you didn't use a flash... that's really why they have such policies... cuz it damages the artwork. But if they were to permit nonflash photos, you can bet some yahoo would forget to turn off his... and it would happen over and over again... Nice shots, nonetheless, thanks for sharing!

--Ray

Rick Lee said...

Yes... I used to work in a museum so I am very careful about keeping the flash turned off. I also figure that I'm not infringing on Vincent's copyright on the paintings so I don't think I'm really hurting anything.

Raymond said...

At this resolution, you're doing the museum a favor... cuz we all want to go see them in person... great publicity! ;)

--Ray

Topwomen said...

Oh my Gogh!