Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mossy Log



On my walk in the woods with my new Fujifilm F10 camera, I saw a log covered with bright green moss. I didn't think it would be an interesting subject but I bent down and took a couple of shots. I was just about to leave when I decided to get down real close and look at it from the side. I don't know what prompted me to do this, but I was very surprised at what I saw. I didn't know that moss could have these red stem-like things sticking up from the green. These are very small, but when you get up close they are very interesting looking.

1 comment:

kenju said...

Love the bottom shot. Sometimes I order fresh sheet moss for use in floral arrangements and it is amazing when you look at it closely. I get bits of clover, small twigs, snail shells, mushrooms and things that look like alfalfa sprouts. I love the earthy smell of it too.