Sunday, May 20, 2007

New York in the Spring

I'm back in the Big Apple. I'm actually here to work this time... because, as everyone knows, there aren't any professional photographers in NYC so they have bring people in to do this work. [cough, cough]

Above is that same old view of the Holland Tunnel I always take when entering the city. The tunnel traffic was a lot worse than I expected on Sunday.

I'm staying at this interesting place called The Pod Hotel. The rooms are... uhhh... very pod-like.

The Pod has a roof garden. How cool.



Mmmm... tapas!

5 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

I grew up in NYC. When I was a kid, my parents had a weekend place in Pennsylvania. Sometimes we'd go home through the Holland Tunnel. We always bought gas on the Jersey side. It was 19.9 cents a gallon--cheaper than in New York.

Sometimes we'd stop in Hoboken, eat steamed clams, and take the ferry across the river.

Where are the snows of yesteryear?

Barry Pike said...

Rick...what is that you're eating? Some kind of New York sushi?

Unknown said...

That would be sardines-- right? Or was the Sangria affecting more than I thought?

Rick Lee said...

Not Sushi... it's anchovies on goat cheese... one of the tapas items we got at this cool restaurant... the name of which I can't remember right now.

Unknown said...

Boqueria.

duh... anchovies!