Friday, June 20, 2008

A new image for West Virginia

Today is West Virginia Day. A lot of bloggers are getting together to try and put forth a new image for our state. One of the things that I've noticed over the years is that I have a very different view of our state and our economy than the conventional wisdom. We hear lots of moaning about how there are no jobs and the economy is terrible, etc., etc. As an advertising photographer, I go around the state and I visit all sorts of businesses and organizations. If they are spending money to bring me to their location, chances are that these groups are growing and are doing interesting things. That's what I see, day in and day out, so my perspective is much more optimistic about what's going on here. Here are a few shots from some of those visits. I wish I had more time to dig into the files, but here are a few things I found with a quick browse.








9 comments:

Unknown said...

In case I haven't told you yet, you do beautiful work. :)
~Sarah Cooper

Tracy A. Toler said...

Great Job and comments. You are one of biggist contributers to giving West Virginia the quality image it deserves and you should be commended for your achievements. I have learned more than I realize from you. thank you

Rick Lee said...

Thanks guys! I'm chuffed.

Todd said...

I am amazed at the work you do. It is inspiring!

Todd Beane

bulldogcreative said...

Rick, I echo Tracy's comments. Your passion for our state is demonstrated through your work. I wish your attitude was more contagious. As a transplant some 15 years ago now I can say that I would not work or raise a family anywhere else.

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Awesome, Rick!

Direct Online Marketing said...

@Rick - Awesome perspective and what a great pictorial depiction. Thanks for sharing your pictures and telling West Virginia's story in pictures. (Plus - obviously, you are very skilled at what you do.)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Rick: What a beutiful show you gave us today.

Nykemartyn said...

There, in the middle of the dance floor, is Rick Lee on his knees, playing slide guitar. He's picked up a heavy chair and is sawing on the strings with one of the wooden legs. You can't help but notice that this bluesman is distinctly Chinese-American.


--------------
Nykemartyn
West Virginia Drug Addiction