Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat

"Pulling a rabbit out of my hat" is a phrase I use when we need to shoot a cool picture where you wouldn't think there was one to be had. These guys from Marshall University...

...recently got a patent on this glowing ceramic technology (I'm not going to attempt to explain it any better than that). We met them in a rather cushy looking conference room with ornate furnishings. I really would have rather shot them in a lab, but that's where were were... the reason isn't important. I closed the curtains and turned off the lights and lit them with dramatic side light and lit the wall behind with a red gel. I shot with the camera down on the table to accentuate the table reflection. I experimented with the camera straight and angled. Ta-daaa.

No comments: