Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Queen of Capitol Street

Restoration work is being done on the old Scott Bros. Building...

... currently occupied by the Bailey & Glasser law firm. This incredible old Queen Anne Victorian commercial building is in the heart of the Charleston (WV) historic "Village District". I have often called this building the "Queen of Capitol Street" and thankfully it has owners who are taking good care of it. I remember when a bakery was located in the building. It was a fine bakery, but the archictecture was obliterated by a crappy 50's era false front. It's gratifying to see the old buildings being brought back to glory.

1 comment:

kenju said...

Now I will be certain to go and see this when I am back there for a visit. I love it when the yucky facades are removed and the buildings are brought back to their former glory!